Speak to a Lawyer Now
Use This Form to Request a Free Consultation
- LeMaster and Ahmed, PLLC not only handled my case in an exemplary manner, but they always kept me informed. Working with Jennifer LeMaster I felt as every detail of my claim was thoroughly explained, and my questions were clearly answered. I truly appreciated her knowledge and experience. For her honesty, compassion, dedication, skill, and professionalism, she earns my deepest respect. Without hesitation, I would recommend LeMaster and Ahmed to anyone who wants to be treated with compassion and respect. Very thankful for their team!!Heater Candrian, a Google user
- LeMaster & Ahmed made my painful situation much less of a pain. I was involved in a car accident and Jennifer and Nejat helped me out. I didn't have to deal with the headaches of fighting with the insurance companies. These nice ladies took care of everything for me. Their first concerns were getting me the proper medical treatment I needed. After my treatment was over they worked hard making sure that all the medical bills were paid and I was compensated accordingly. I'm very pleased that they took my case. They were a pleasure to do business with.blake butler, a Google user
- I am a board certified personal injury attorney and had a seriously injured client but sticky coverage issues. Jennifer and Nejat brought their industry-insider knowledge and experience to the case and helped chamge the insurer's perspective from no-coverage to a risk of coverage it was not willing to take. We made a great recovery on a difficult case which I attribute to their expertise and the insurer's recognition of that expertise.Jane Leger, a Google user
- LeMaster and Ahmed, PLLC did a fantastic job working on my personal injury case. I primarily worked with Jennifer LeMaster and from the beginning she was very upfront with me about what to expect throughout the process. The stress of trying to deal with the other party's insurance company was lifted off my shoulders, which was a huge relief to me! She worked with insurance companies, hospitals, and doctor's offices to negotiate a fair settlement. She communicated with me throughout the entire process so that I knew what was happening and what to expect next. I would highly recommend LeMaster a... Read MoreJennifer Tewold, a Google user
- I went with LeMaster & Ahmed, PLLC for a home owners insurance claim. I would highly recommend Nejat and Jennifer.I worked primarily with Nejat, since I am located in the Dallas metroplex. Nejat is very professional. She takes the time to explain the entire process so that anyone can understand it. It doesn't matter how many questions you have. She is prompt with her responses and available to talk whenever you need to.Nejat and Jennifer had a great strategy for my case. Most importantly, it yielded the result I was looking for. You could tell they both have the right experience for the j... Read MoreThomas Bigos, a Google user
- We were referred to Jennifer LeMaster and Nejat Ahmed by an acquaintance, to help us with a homeowners insurance dispute. Having never needed an attorney before, we were apprehensive about the process and how we would be treated. However, we quickly become very comfortable with Jennifer and Nejat. During all of our encounters, we never felt rushed or that our legal circumstance was not important. It became very evident that Jennifer and Nejat treat their clients equally, no matter the size of the claim. Their knowledge of the law and their ability to explain complex legal concepts to no... Read MoreTom Swindell, a Google user
- Nejat and Jennifer did an excellent job. They were able to guide me through the entire process, clearly and efficiently. We were very satisfied with the results and highly recommend them.Brad Niese, a Google user
- Both of these attorneys are so helpful. We were battling a claim with our homeowner insurance and they gave us insight, advice and put us in contact with reliable appraisers. If you need representation for an insured, give them a call!Cydney Huckins, a Google user
- I am very pleased with the quality of service and professionalism that you Jennifer LeMaster and your company LeMaster & Ahmed PLLC provided to me. Its always hard to have a situation and then need to look for the right attorney to represent your case. I must say, you listened and understood me as the client and that was very important to me and my case. I highly recommend you to others, because of your sense of urgency and detail to issues. Your skills as an attorney are remarkable. You truly take time with your client and that is always important and appreciated.Dr. Myeshi Briley, a Google user
- Jennifer LeMaster is and excellent attorney and definitely top notch . This firm helped us with what we thought would be a complicated case at difficult time in our life . Jennifer was extremely knowledgeable in the laws pertaining to our case and knew how to use them to our advantage. Jennifer kept us informed with everything that was going on with our case and what we should expect . Always answered calls texts and emails promptly . Shes Smart and Very personable .Were extremely satisfied with the results obtain guarding our case. We will definitely refer all our family and friends to L... Read MoreSharon Blackman, a Google user
- Excellent work by Jennifer and the staff at LeMaster & Ahmed! I couldn't be happier with the results of their work! Thank you very much!Bryan Braddock, a Google user
Texas Insurance Lawyers
We represent policyholders to ensure they receive the insurance benefits they are owed.
Types of Disputes
Insurance companies deny claims for many different reasons. Improper documentation, insufficient evidence, payment shortages, and doubtful claims are only some of the most common reasons why an insurance claim might be rejected. Speak to a qualified insurance attorney if your claim has been denied.
In many cases, insurance companies will first issue a lower than reasonable offer to their policyholders as a means of saving money. Although this first offer is not final, many policyholders accept it out of financial desperation. If you believe your insurance company has underpaid your claim, speak to a knowledgeable insurance attorney.
There are different motivations behind delayed insurance claims. Depending on your claim's specifics, such as where and why it happened or how serious the damage is, your insurance company may withhold funds until they decide otherwise or are compelled by law. Speak to an experienced insurance attorney if your claim has been delayed.
Your insurance company is required to act in good faith when you file a claim. Most insurers act in good faith and abide by the law, but there some who bend the rules in an attempt to maintain profit. Any adjuster who unjustly denies a claim or reduces a payout is acting in bad faith.
Types of Policies
"We’ve spent the majority of our careers representing insurers, and now we represent only policyholders. Some of our clients don't have a house to go back to. Some of our clients don't have a business to go work in on Monday morning. And our entire goal is to put them back into the position that they would have been before that catastrophic loss."
"When our clients come to us, their insurance company has turned their back on them, so they're worried how they're going to repair their home. They're worried how they're going to continue operating their business. This is not just about a monetary loss, this is personal to them, and it's personal to us."
Causes of Property Damage
Welcome toLeMaster & Ahmed
Homeowners InsuranceA house is the biggest investment for most Texans. Homeowners rely on home insurance to protect this investment in the event of an unexpected disaster. However, some homeowners are unaware of what their policy covers. While most homeowners know their insurance covers fire and water damage, most are shocked to find out their policy does not cover certain damage.What is even more shocking is when an adjuster denies your claim or refuses to provide a reasonable settlement. Speak with an insurance lawyer immediately if this is the case for you. They can investigate the situation and negotiate with adjusters on your behalf.
Texas Insurance AttorneyHomeowners are quick to call their insurance company when their home is damaged. It is important, however, to consider that you may need the help of an insurance early in the claim process. The insurance lawyers at LeMaster & Ahmed PLLC can help evaluate your situation and ensure you provide the necessary claim information to help the adjuster evaluate your claim properly. Ms. Ahmed and Ms. LeMaster have experience litigating homeowners claims of all sizes. They are well prepared to help you through the claims process, negotiate with adjusters and represent you in court if needed.Call (888) 306-2119 to schedule a time to speak with LeMaster & Ahmed PLLC. We assist homeowners in counties throughout Texas such as Galveston County, Harris County, Montgomery County, Dallas County and Collin County.
Types of Homeowners CoverageMost homeowners are unaware their policy covers more than damage to the home. The majority of homeowner’s insurance in Texas include coverage for the following:
- Structure damage coverage: An insurance policy will pay for damage caused to a home, but only damaged caused by risks covered under the policy. Structures on your property that are not attached to the home are also covered. This can include fences, detached garages and garden sheds.
- Personal property coverage: Damaged personal property is covered by most insurance providers, but only to a point. Homeowners insurance will cover damaged, destroyed or stolen items such as furniture and clothing. You will likely need to purchase additional coverage for high value items.
- Loss of use coverage: This type of coverage pays for living expenses if you have to move while your house is being repaired. Living expenses that may be covered include rent, food and other expenses you would not have if you were living at home.
- Medical coverage: Most homeowners policies also cover medical bills for those injured on your property. This type of coverage may also pay for injuries that take place away from home such as your dog biting someone while on a walk.
- Personal liability coverage: Most homeowner’s insurance will pay for medical bills and other costs for individuals you are legally responsible for injuring. It also covers damage you caused to another’s property and court cost if you are sued because of an accident.
Damage Covered by Homeowner’s InsuranceProperty damage is the primary reason homeowners purchase insurance on their home. This policy provides coverage for certain risks and perils that could damage a home or property. However, many homeowners are shocked to find out their policy only covers certain types of damage.Listed below are types of property damage covered by most insurance policies:
- Fire damage
- Lightning damage
- Sudden and accidental water and smoke damage
- Malicious mischief
- Riots and civil commotion
- Damage caused by vehicles and aircrafts
- Backed up sewage
- Damage caused by construction
- Insect or rodent infestations
- Damage or destruction to jewelry and fine art
- Continuous water leaks
- Wear and tear
- Losses that occur if you are away for the number of days specified by your policy
- Trampoline accidents
- Pool accidents
- Dog attacks from “aggressive breeds”
Your Rights as a PolicyholderYou have rights as a policyholder, which are listed in the Texas Department of Insurance Bill of Rights. If an insurance company infringes on these rights, you can sue them in civil court and seek additional damage for your claim and attorney fees. According to the Texas Department of Insurance, an insurance company cannot deny your claim or charge you more for any of the following reasons:
- Race, religion, color or national origin
- Age, gender, marital status, geographical location or disability
- Credit score
- Treat you differently than other people in your rate or risk class
- Refuse to pay a claim without conducting a reasonable investigation
- Fail to provide a reasonable explanation for denying a claim
- Fail to provide a prompt, fair and equitable settlement
- Require you to provide a copy of your tax returns as a condition of a settlement
- Fail to confirm or deny coverage within a reasonable time
- Misrepresent policy provisions or information relating to the claim