Attorney Nejat Ahmed
Nejat Ahmed has litigated multi-million dollar coverage disputes involving both primary and excess commercial property policies in state and federal courts. She also has many years of experience litigating coverage disputes involving homeowners policies and third-party primary and excess liability policies. Ms. Ahmed has devoted her legal practice to complex insurance coverage litigation with a focus on commercial and residential insurance policies. She has litigated numerous first party property claims arising out of major catastrophes, including Hurricane Ike and Rita.
Having represented insurance companies for over a decade, Ms. Ahmed has the unique perspective that is valuable to policyholders in disputes with their insurance companies. She has insight on how insurance companies value claims which allows her to effectively present claims and negotiate settlements. Ms. Ahmed prides herself in achieving outstanding results for her clients.
Ms. Ahmed also represents policyholders in suits against their insurance agents for failing to procure the required insurance coverage. She has experience litigating complex agent liability cases and has obtained favorable results for her clients.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith Litigation
- Policy Interpretation and Analysis
- Insurance Agent Liability Litigation
- Texas, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2004
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D. 2002
- University of North Texas, B.S., 1999